Topics to be covered at the 2018 Summit:
-Equipping Close Combat Forces with Advanced Capabilities to Maximize Overall Lethality
-Updating Legacy Systems and Modernizing the PEO Soldier Portfolio
-Limiting the Weight and Power Usage of Warfighter Capabilities
-Introducing Adaptive Soldier Architecture
-Developing and Fielding Innovative Day/Night Imaging Tools to Enhance Situational Awareness
-Designing Protective Gear for Diverse Range of Environmental and Tactical Missions
-Delivering Next Generation Weapons to the Warfighter
-Replacing Obsolete Training Systems and Investing in Modern Training and Simulation Technology
At our Summit you will have the ability:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing our Nation’s Close Combat Forces.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas. Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Why you should attend this year’s Summit:
Maximizing close combat lethality is currently one of the main priorities of the Department of Defense. To reduce the high number of combat deaths of US Infantry forces, which account for nearly 90% of all US Military casualties, Secretary Mattis has dedicated considerable resources and funds to reforming and advancing the capabilities and preparedness of the close combat warfighter.
DSI’s Warfighter Systems Summit is designed to support these efforts by fostering necessary discussion about the policies and initiatives aimed at replacing legacy capabilities with modern technologies to enhance warfighter lethality, survivability, situational awareness and maneuverability. The Summit will feature speakers from across DoD and services who will examine their critical work fielding innovative and modern weapons, equipment, gear, and training solutions.
Specifically, the agenda will examine the development of key advancements in areas including weapons, armor, vision and power. Lastly, the event will convene a panel to discuss the use of advanced materials in protective combat gear.
Attendees at DSI’s Warfighter Systems Summit will have a unique opportunity to engage in open and honest conversation with key decision makers about the future of US close combat forces. Attendees will gain valuable insights into navigating the warfighter capabilities acquisition processes and will hear about the solutions urgently needed by warfighters to ensure the US maintains a tactical overmatch over its adversaries.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summits' content and focus areas. We assemble the most respected minds in the manufacturing and acquisition communities, as well as the key policy-makers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees
- DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department's mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS